"Climate change is not just another issue in this complicated world of proliferating issues. It is THE issue which, unchecked, will swamp all other issues." - Ross Gelbspan, Putlizer Prize Winning Author
- Sierra Club Global Warming - The single most important thing we can do to address global warming
- Global Warming Undo it - Campaign from Environmental Defense
- National Global Warming Coalition - Join a Fast to stop global warming
- Real Climate > Climate Science - Non-political, purely scientific; debunks the global warming skeptics
- Consortium for Energy Efficiency Resource LIbrary
- Interfaith Climate Change Network - A call for climate justice from National Council of Churches and others
- California Interfaith Power and Light - A religious response to global warming
- Climate Change as a Religious Issue - Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Visalia
- Stop Global Warming.com - Join Walter Cronkite and other leaders in a cyber-march on Washington!
- World Wildlife Fund Climate Change - Helpful educational resources
- EPA Global Warming - Not the naysayer the White House is!
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change - World Meteorological Association - the authoritative source
- Worldwatch Institute - Note especially Global Security Brief #3: Climate Change Poses Greater Security Threat than Terrorism
- Catalogchoice.org - Catalog Choice is a free service that allows you to decide what gets in your mailbox. Use it to reduce your mailbox clutter, while helping save natural resources.
- California Clean Air Campaign
- Sierra Club Clean Air Program
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Clean Air Act - from Environmental Protection Agency
- Environment California - Public Interest Research Group
- South Valley Rideshare - Toll Free: (866) 808-RIDE - A free service that matches commuters who live and work near each other so they can form carpools and vanpools. Save the air and save money at the same time!
Giant Sequoia National Monument
- Citizen's Guide to the new Giant Sequoia National Monument
- Sequoia Task Force - Much remains to be done to preserve the Giant Sequoia ecosystem!
- Giant Sequoia National Monument - Official U.S. Forest Service website
- Kern-Kaweah Chapter activist Carla Cloer receives Sierra Club's highest honor, the John Muir Award for her efforts saving sequoias culminating in the establishment of the Giant Sequoia National Monument!
- Visalia Times-Delta article announcing Tulare county Lawsuit Against Sequoia National Monument Proclamation - October 26, 2000 (offsite link)
- Bakersfield California article on Sequoia Monument lawsuit (offsite link)
Local Planning and Livable City Issues
- National Sierra Club "Sprawl" Website - Award-winning!
- The End of Suburbia - Film Review
- Community and Environmental Defense Services - Excellent website with info on fighting sprawl
- Visalia Beautification Committee - The Mineral King Group supports Visalia's "Tree City USA" status
- Official City of Visalia Website
- Official County of Tulare Website
- County of Tulare General Plan Update - Information Library on Planning Dept. updates to General Plan
- Urban Forest Ecosystems Institute - Cal Poly
Local and Regional National Forest and National Park Issues
- Sequoia Wild Heritage Project
- California Wild Heritage Campaign
- Sierra Club California Wilderness
- Sierra Nevada Forest Protection Campaign
- Religious Campaign for Forest Protection
- Sequoia National Forest - GORP (Great Outdoor Recreation Pages)
- Understanding the Mineral King Cabin Controversy
- Sequoia National Park - Official website
- Sierra Club Yosemite Committee
- Sierra Club Restore Hetch Hetchy Task Force - Our Group endorses the plan to restore Hetch Hetchy Valley to its natural condition - with a win-win solution providing water to San Francisco while remedying the worst mistake ever made in our national parks.
Other Environmental Links of Interest to Tulare and Kings County
- Sierra Club California - the legislative lobbying arm for all 13 Sierra Club chapters in California. Find out about SCC, including which bills we're currently tracking. Or go straight to our Legislative Action Network and let your voice be heard on current legislation.
- Rep America - the national grassroots organization of Republicans for environmental protection
- Faultline - California's Environmental Magazine
- Kings Canyon and Sequoia Wilderness Hikes - trip reports with photos
- Herbert Ranch Wetlands Preserve
- Kaweah Oaks Preserve
- American Farmland Trust
- John Muir Exhibit - our own Harold Wood operates this educational and comprehensive website about the founder of the Sierra Club
- Island Press includes links to some of the best environmental websites and information on Island Press titles related to California's environment.
- Tulare County Audubon Society
- Sequoia Natural History Association
- Surf Your Watershed - Tulare- Buena Vista Watershed - Info from EPA
- Tule River Conservancy - Giant Sequoias Forever